Make. Learn. Experience. Collect.
Black Church Print Studio is an artists’ collective that supports and promotes the development of contemporary art practice through the medium of printmaking. Located in the heart of Temple Bar – Dublin’s cultural quarter – Black Church Print Studio pushes the boundaries of contemporary print. We are the lifeblood of over 80 print artists.
Established in 1982, the studio fuels the professional practice of artists by providing physical studio space and specialist equipment to create work – from the traditional to the innovative and cutting edge- while also generating opportunities for exhibition, professional development and national and international networking.
Black Church Print Studio also offers opportunities for the public to experience contemporary printmaking through printmaking courses, demonstrations, tours, and talks. In addition to its core work, the studio runs five critically acclaimed programmes:
- Providing a well managed, fully equipped, professional facility with technical, administrative and digital support for full-time members, dedicated printmakers and the wider public.
- Maintaining a programme of activities that supports professional development in the cultural sector.
- Promoting an ‘open door’ policy by providing access to the public through our artistic and education programmes.
- Maintaining and developing networks with other arts organisations through collaborations and partnerships.
- Developing relationships with educational institutions by facilitating tours, demonstrations and internships, and by offering graduate and undergraduate award schemes.
- Providing an annual International Artist-in-Residence programme and developing international exchanges and collaborations.